You are here
ODVA State Approving Agency
As the State Approving Agency (SAA) for Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs (ODVA) is under contract with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to determine those programs of education and training within the state which may be approved for veterans training.
ODVA approves all programs for Chapters 30, 32, 33, 35, 1606, and 1607 educational benefits. Through an approval process, ODVA ensures that institutions and employers are in compliance with federal guidelines and are qualified to provide the type of training offered.
SAA also continues to monitor approved programs by conducting annual on-site visits to all facilities that have veterans receiving benefits. This is how we determine if schools and employers are enforcing and abiding by the approved policies and procedures and if veterans are being certified for benefits correctly.
Our goal is to ensure that every military veteran and family member eligible for federal or state veterans’ educational benefits has the opportunity to pursue whatever educational endeavor they choose.
Our role is to ensure that quality instruction is provided for every veteran or eligible family member who enters an approved educational or training program in the State of Oklahoma.
Veterans Education staff responsibilities include:
- Serving as a liaison between Oklahoma veterans and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Serving as a liaison between school officials, employers, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Maintaining a current listing of schools and employers with approved programs on our website
- Conducting outreach to prospective schools/employers in order to expand the training opportunities for Oklahoma veterans and increase the overall usage of State and federal educational benefits
- Investigating VA educational and benefit complaints from veterans and other eligible family members
- Providing information about training and educational opportunities to veterans, military personnel, schools, employers and labor groups
- Providing technical assistance and training to schools and employers in completing applications for approval and VA certification forms for benefits
- Participating in and conducting outreach and liaison activities with veterans’ groups, military installations, schools, and other agencies
Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm