If you served in a branch of the military and were discharged under conditions other than dishonorable you may be eligible for burial in a Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery.
Female veterans married to a veteran are entitled to their own separate grave, headstone or marker, burial flag and Presidential Memorial Certificate. However, they may choose to be buried in the same gravesite as their spouse.
No-cost burial benefits include:
- Gravesite in any of VA's national cemeteries with available space
- Opening and closing of the grave
- Perpetual care of the gravesite
- Headstones, markers, and medallions
- Burial flag
- Presidential Memorial Certificate