You are here< id="block-views-cff8c00390f6b25f627dfce4a55edfee" class="block block-views block-views-cff8c00390f6b25f627dfce4a55edfee">
The Talihina Veterans Center was originally constructed as the Eastern Oklahoma Tuberculosis Sanatorium in 1921. The name was changed in 1972, to Oklahoma State Sanatorium. On July 1, 1975, the Sanatorium was transferred to the control of the War Veterans Commission to provide nursing care to Oklahoma veterans, both male and female.
The Sulphur Veterans Center is located on a 17-acre site in Southern Oklahoma's outdoor paradise. The center overlooks the Chickasaw National Recreations Area, one of Oklahoma's most beautiful areas. The Lake of the Arbuckles, Turner Falls and the Arbuckle Mountains are all located in the immediate area. The original buildings at the center were constructed in 1921, as a tuberculosis sanatorium for veterans. The center once provided general medical hospital care including surgery, coronary care, and dialysis treatment.
Construction of the new Norman Veterans Center began in March 1994, and was completed on November 1996. The facility consists of 239,000 sq. feet with a 301 bed capacity to serve both male and female Oklahoma Wartime Veterans. The total cost of the facility was $29 million, with 65% of the funding provided by the Federal Veterans Administration and the remaining 35% funded by the State of Oklahoma.
The Lawton/Fort Sill Veterans Center is located at 501 S.E. Flower Mound Rd., in beautiful Lawton, Okla. This 200 bed long term care facility currently accepts skilled, intermediate and Alzheimer's/dementia residents.
The Clinton Veterans Center is located on 70 acres ¼ of a mile off of I40 at exit 66 on the south edge of Clinton where residents enjoy a home-like atmosphere of western Oklahoma hospitality. The Center has 148 nursing care beds with 50 beds devoted to the specialized treatment of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
The Claremore Veterans Center is approximately 30 minutes from downtown Tulsa just off historic Route 66 nestled between a beautifully manicured golf course and Rogers State University's 160-acre nature reserve.
The Ardmore Veterans Center is a historic site situated on 55 acres of lawns, gardens, and fields. The beautiful modern site is located on the US Highway 77 (1015 S. Commerce) in the southwest section of Ardmore, Oklahoma. The original buildings of the home were constructed in 1910 as a home for Civil War Veterans. Since that time nursing care beds have been added for the improvement of the facility.